Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A trip to Santa Monica was most rewarding and I had enough time to wander through the Third Street Mall.
I finally located Zengo and then learned that I was supposed to be next door at La Sandia Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Bar.  Marlene, the pretty hostess at Zengo, led me to where I was supposed to be. Now that I am old I am treated most kindly by pretty young women.  I do not recall this always being so when I was young.
La Sandia was where a vertical tasting of Don Melchor Cabernet Sauvignons took place.  A full report on this memorable event will soon be on my website. 
Our luncheon opened with appetizer platters with mushroom quesadillas, chicken quesadillas, chicken flautas and befe & chorizo empanadas.  My entree was grilled salmon with citrus mild spice marinade and charros beans.  Other entrees included chicken mole pablano, pork carnitas and carne asada.
Also had the opportunity to chat with Kandis Leigh who is events manager for both Zengo and La Sandia
Both restaurants are most impressive in ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment