Thursday, May 8, 2014

It is the season for me to present culinary arts student scholarships to community colleges in Southern California.  These scholarships are by the Doris Crandall Scholarship Fund of the Southern California Restaurant Writers.
These culinary arts scholarships have been presented by the Writers throughout its 40 year history.  Currently I am scholarship chairman for the Writers.
Yesterday I attended a Donor Appreciation Reception at San Bernardino Valley College at which time I presented this year's scholarship check.  Here I met Dr. Gloria Fisher, College Foundation president as well as Executive Chef Stacy Meyer who heads the culinary arts program at the college.
The college culinary arts program started eight years ago with less than a dozen students but has expanded to now having 350 students enrolled in the program.
The Writers, with scholarships, has supported this program since its inception.

No comments:

Post a Comment